Tuesday, December 4, 2007

India v Pakistan : Battle for Eden 3

Battle for Eden ended as a draw. Only 'draw' is not the right word...'bore' or 'eyesore' will be an apt description. I lost interest after day two when I concluded that if Gangools can do it, anyone can.

Our medium pacers still have no clue as to how to get around Misbah's bat and neither do our spinners (if you consider Tendlya and the chucker Bhajji in this category). My last hope was our speedster in disguise Kumble. But he too fired blanks at Misbah. Lawson claimed moral victory for Pakistan who now must be looking forward positively to the last match of the series.

Misbah reminds me of how Zaheer Abbas batted against India in Pakistan decades ago. If memory serves me right, those were the days when Pakistani umpires Shakoor Rana and Khizhar Hayat were at the peak of their prowess. Nothing seemed to get past his bat either and Amul famously launched a billboard proclaiming - Zaheer Ab Bus! ( Zaheer please stop now).

What augurs ill for India is that we can't seem to get rid off Sami even! Something tells me Brett Lee is going do a Gillespie to us Down Under.

1 comment:

Ranjeet said...

I agree 100% with your post! I am goign to watch the series down under from a cricket lover's point of view and not a patriotic one's -just to ensure that I enjoy the game. Isn't it lovely to watch matches played down under on television?
Good one on Zaheer Abbas memories - I rememebr the series of only 2 batsman from both sides - Sunil Manohar Gavaskar and Zaheer Abbas!
The days when India more often than not lost the matches. But those were great contests to watch too.